Sunday, October 27, 2013

Another Successful Settlement

Just last week, I finalized an extremely favorable settlement for a client. A commercial creditor had filed a lawsuit claiming over $11,300 to be due from a sign company (my client). They were also seeking over $3,700 in attorney's fees along with a couple hundred dollars for court costs.

I was able to negotiate this entire claim down to a lump-sum payment of just $1,500... saving my client more than $13,800.
As with all cases, this one had some specific considerations that impacted the final settlement amount. In the end, though, both parties found the settlement to be acceptable and the lawsuit is being dismissed with prejudice (which means it cannot be pursued in court again).


All parties benefited from this settlement, including myself with a nice fee earned for my skilled negotiations.  My program material provides all the information needed for anyone to do the same.

Scott F. Soape

No comments: