Thursday, October 16, 2008

Case Closed in ONE Week!

Although this case cannot be considered the "norm", it is another great example of how quickly these cases can play out...

On Thursday, October 9th, I contacted a court case lead and offered my service. The business owner asked for details on the case since he had not yet been served the citation for the lawsuit so I offered to call the plaintiff's attorney and find out for him. The attorney was out until the next week but promised to call me with the details upon his return. I relayed this information to the business owner.

On Tuesday, October 14th, the attorney called me with the details and I called the business owner who immediately hired me. I faxed a contract to him and got a signed copy back a few minutes later.

By the way, when I called the attorney I also asked him how much of a discount his client might accept to settle the lawsuit quickly. He indicated a 30% discount would probably be acceptable but it would need to be a lump-sum payment.

That same afternoon, I faxed an offer to settle at a 46% discount (you never know unless you try).

On Wednesday, October 15th, the attorney countered at a 33% discount so I knew that was as good as it would get. I conveyed this to my client and he accepted.

Just ONE WEEK after first contacting a lead I had earned a $930 fee! And as usual, all parties benefited: my client saved several thousand dollars & the creditor received money without additional collection expenses.

I think its important to note this case was the result of a referral from an independent Associate who will be sharing a percentage of the earned fee. Please contact me for information on how you can work with your own independent Associates and receive an ongoing stream of qualified leads from different jurisdictions.


Scott F. Soape





No comments: